Furrnion is a private event and does not seek to draw media to the convention in any way. However we do have a responsibility when the media expresses an interest in the convention to investigate and manage such contacts. The reputation of our community, the convention and its staff as well as all attendees/guests and all the furry fandom in general are of paramount concern in our contact with the media.
The purpose of this policy is to set guidelines for media relations.
Any media contact which we establish is purely to inform.
Convention Policy and Guidelines
- We reserve the right to admit or deny access to any member of the press, whether invited by an individual or a direct inquiry from the source. The final decision rests with the Board of Directors.
- When we are contacted by the press, an agent will be designated to investigate and determinate the press’ credentials, purpose and requirements.
- That agent will report their conclusions to the Board.
- Once sufficient information has been gathered, including the specific times that the press will be in attendance and which specific events they wish to cover, a decision will be made and it will be final. Each request will be considered individually, fairly and on a case by case basis.
- At the convention, the press is required upon arrival to check in with Con-Ops, obtain their passes and meet with our agent. He will escort the media during their entire stay at the convention.
- All press must sign a formal agreement to the following minimum conditions:
- Coverage must be limited in time and scope.
- Any footage obtained at the convention may only be used in regards to the convention itself and must be used as one continuous segment.
- Promoters of private panels, in addition, have the right to deny access to their specific event.
- All our attendees have the right to refuse participation in any coverage and the press shall respect those rights.
- Under no circumstances will the press be allowed to film, photograph or reproduce anything within the Fursuit Lounge, Art Show, Art Auction or Dealers’ Den.
- Any organisation that wishes to cover Furrnion in any way must contact us no less than 30 days before the start of the convention.
If any attendee is contacted by a representative of the press, he/she is advised to report this at email@example.com
If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding media presence, please contact us.
If you, as an attendee, are approached by a member of the media, you have the right to say NO.
The Convention will enforce those rights, legally, if required.
If you, as an attendee, witness any member of the media unescorted, you should contact Con-Ops or the nearest staff member immediately.
Who can I contact for media/press enquiries?
If you have any questions or comments please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final note: Yes, we’ve shamelessly copypasted Confuzzled’s Media Policy too and adapted it to our needs (which are no different at all!)