Furrnion III Dealer’s Den will be expanded to allow more dealers in 2019. Better facilities, more space and comfort. The Dealer’s Den will satisfy the artists’ and vendors’ needs with a schedule that includes a break for lunch, plus water dispensers to prevent dehydration, as well as electric sockets so that nobody is disconnected. Feel free to ask our volunteers if you need any help.
In order to request a table, you must be registered in Furrnion, and fill a form that we’ll eventually open, where you’ll be able to indicate how much space you’ll need and with whom you’d like to be, amongst other things
Once your table is confirmed, you will be notified of the total amount to pay for it.
When Dealer’s registration is closed, we will review the applications and distribute the tables. Shortly afterwards we will send a first map of the Dealer’s layout. At this point, you will be able to request changes if necessary, according to certain criteria to be discussed with the person in charge of the Dealer’s Den.
The table size is 200 cm × 60 cm, although there can be unforeseen changes out of Furrnion plans. E.g. hotel materials.
In any case, you will be notified through our Telegram group, which you can find down below. 220 cm × 60 cm reserve tables are available. If you need more space, please contact us via our Telegram group.
All dealers who have been accepted will become part of the Dealers of Furrnion III group, where they will find information, and will be able to talk with other dealers and the people responsible for the Dealer’s Den. If you have any question or request, please contact us through our group.
Dealers’ Den FAQ
How do I get a slot in the Dealer’s Den?
Once you have registered and paid the registration as Furmion assistant you will be required to fill the dealer’s application form, where you can provide us info about what are you selling. The deadline to book as a dealer is [fecha]. If you are admitted, you must do the payment for your table [sin especificar]. Since we have a limited space we can not accept all dealers who want a slot, in that case you could choose to share a table with another dealer.
What equipment is at the Dealer’s Den?
You can find power strips for electronic devices and water to stay hydrated. If you need something specific, do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
May I use my Dealer’s Den space just to show my portfolio and do traditional sketches/comissions?
No! That’s what the Artist Alley is for. We’re aware that not everybody prints stickers, or sell prints, or need a tablet to draw. We’re also aware that many artists just want to be there for an hour or two, and then enjoy the con.
What kind of items may I offer for sale in the Dealer’s Den?
Be imaginative! Comics, plushies, prints, any and everything related to the fandom! Here you have some ideas:
- General or customized badges.
- Prints of your own art, framed or not.
- Comissions: your stand may aswell be just you sitting down with your drawing equipment and offering live comissions. If you prefer digital media, we got you covered too! Electric power and WiFi will be available.
- Fursuits, items/materials/tools for fursuit manufacture/maintenance, fursuit elements (tails, ears…)
- Figurines, buttons, stickers, bookmarks…
- Promotional Flyers or merchandise about websites, software or other events that may be interesting for the community.
Mind the Fan Art!
Fanart is any item that includes or is based on someone else’s work. Using third party’s intelectual property without their specific approval may be illegal. Beware of the Copyright infringement!
We trust in our dealers. We trust that none of your offered products will constitute a copyright violation. If that happens to be the case, full accountability will fall upon the dealer, exclusively. Furrnion will not be involved in any way. When in doubt, don’t sale, don’t buy!
The Dealer’s Den allows adult material (+18) to be sold (with case-by-case exceptions), as long as it is kept in separate folders or containers that visitors can request to check out privately, unmistakingly marked as such. It is strongly recommended that controversial themes and motifs are kept in separate, also clearly labeled folders or containers.
Objects that are not allowed for sale, under any circumstances, are:
- Any item that infringes the Spanish law.
- White or fire weapons, or any realistic replica.
- Those that include symbology that encourages hatred or discrimination.
- Drugs of any kind, whether legal or illegal.
- Any product created with real animal skin or fur, including taxidermy and clothing (Leather items are permitted).
- Sexual-related toys and paraphernalia.
- Any product explicitly forbidden by hotel regulations such as outside food and drinks, except when specifically approved by Furrnion.
Furrnion’s board of directors reserves the right to inspect, check and, if necesary, remove any product or item in conflict with the aforementioned rules. Inspect your own items in advance! That will avoid misunderstandings and uneasy situations! Again, when in doubt, ask.
What happens if I don’t get the spot?
You will stay in a waiting list. Some dealers might cancel their attendance before the convention, so their spot will be given to the next person on the list. If that person is you, we’ll contact you.
I can’t go, can a friend of mine go instead of me?
The spots given to an artist are not transferrable. If you can’t attend, let us know it writing an email to email@example.com
I want to be in the same table of a friend or I want my table next to a friend’s one.
We’ll try to make all your petitions possible, so we have prepared a box called “petitions” in the form, you can ask in there to share table or just be next to someone’s table.
Policy and Regulation
- Each Dealer will sign a legal agreement upon arrival to the Den, and will be able to assign a single assistant per table or additional assigned space. Their identity, functions, obligations and privileges will appear in that agreement.
- Signing up for the Dealer’s Den will mean the need to use the assigned space during all the time the Den is open to the public. That’s why it’s recommended that the Dealer assigns a helper, with whom they will be able to share their space at all times, or only whenever they’re going to be absent (bathroom or food breaks, for example). The Helper will have to be conveniently identified (wearing the dealer’s helper badge we’ll give to the dealer and will have to be registered in Furrnion too.
- Those that requested space, but who hasn’t gotten it, will be put into a waiting list, and will be informed about their assigned space if some becomes available for them.
- If a Dealer finally doesn’t wish to make use of their space, they will have to cancel it before September 1st 2019, so the Organization can contact the next Dealer in the Waiting List and if there’s a deal, they will get a full refund. Cancellations made after September 1st are not refundable.
- If you don’t show up to claim your space, or you leave it empty at any given time before the closing hour, or you leave it without anybody to attend it for more than one hour, you might be excluded to participate in future editions of the Den.
- Even though we’ll do our best to take care of the Den’s security, The Organization will not be held responsible of eventual damage or substraction of material present in the Dealer’s space. Be always careful about your valuable stuff, specially your money. Our Security Team is not there to take care of your own table, not even for one minute. If the Dealer doesn’t have a Helper and they need to leave the spot, they may ask the closest fellow Dealer to take a look at their table, or keep them covered.
Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information or requests.