The Art Show is the place where attending artists (or their attending representatives) expose a selection of their art.
You won’t find a finer collection of quality art (ok, fine, you will, but let’s not get picky!). Tables covered with exquisite pieces, walls full of sketches, pics, engravings… The best of what artists have to show, and in most of the occasions, you will be able to bid for it.
Artists not only want to provoke a lake of drool with their outstanding works, but also put them out there for profit! Thus, the art show has a bidding system set in place. This is how it works:
- A small form will be placed beside each piece. Anyone interested in bidding for it just writes down his badge number and the ammount he wants to bid. (The artist determines the starting bid)
- Should anyone else be interested in the same piece, all they have to do is to bid higher than the previous person, writting it down in the next line, with their badge number and a higher bid.
- There will be a maximum of bids per piece.
After the Art Show’s closing (which will also be announced in the schedule, conbook, social networks, ads around the Con, etc) the attendant who has placed the highest bid on a piece (as long as the maximum number of bids hasn’t been reached) wins it.
The process for the rest of pieces is as follows:
- Those directly designated for it.
- Those that haven’t had any bids (if the Staff sees fit).
- Those that have reached the maximum number of bids.
Are transferred to…
The Live Auction
One of the most lively and interactive events! Feel the thrill of seeing the pieces being fought over and find out how high the price goes! Last chance to get your paws on that pic you really love!
All this in the live auction. But it’s much more than just that! Right in front of you, hands going up, pic being closely displayed… And as in any auction …one…two…sold!
Where: Plaza Santiago Room Annex
- Friday, from 12 to 13h. (Sponsors Olé only)
- Friday, from 13 to 14h. (Sponsors and Sponsors Olé only)
- Friday, from 14 to 20h. (Open to all Registered Attendees)
- Saturday, from 10 to 18h. (Open to all Registered Attendees)
Where: Main Stage / Disco
When: Saturday, from 19 to 21h (Live Auction)
Where: Villa de Pinto Room
When: Sunday, from 11 to 12h (sold art pickup)